LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -FLOWER- Mode
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5", 46.3DLI, 646PPFD, 36k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 - 100%
- 04:00-24:00 - Natural (Mimics natural wind)
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 00:00-04:00 High 76F / 58% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 80F / 62% RH, default off

Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -Vegetative- Mode
- AeroLight SE - A compact, powerful version of the award winning AeroLight
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (24", 14.4k LUX, 19.4 DLI)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 - Speed 1
- 04:00-24:00 - Natural

** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - The safest and best grow tent fan on the market!
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Gina (FastBuds Gelato Auto)
Date: 3/17/23 Day# 23
Medium - 5 gallon SIP bucket with FFHF soil
Nutrients - Geoflora Veg & Dynomyco

I was on the fence on whether to keep Gina, so I went with your overall votes to keep her. At least for now ;) It helps that I don't need the bud, and I'm also very curious how much she can recover. She's been going through some water lately and is ready to get out of this 4" pot.

Yesterday, Gina was upppotted to her 5g SIP bucket and topped. She has a nice healthy root ball, with water roots on the bottom. I coated her roots with @DYNOMYCO (the last I have, waiting on NOTY prize) before putting her in the SIP. I finished the top with rocks then watered her thoroughly (until some leaked into the res). I then put an additional 2L of plain water in the res. She'll be wet in there, but she should be used to that by now.

She sat in her new SIP and basked under her @VIVOSUN Aerolight for about 5 minutes before I noticed her 5th node popping up. So off it came.

Now she has some recovering to do. She's a little behind where I would like to be right now, so I'm hoping she recovers quickly. I'd love to see this ugly duckling turn into a swan!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

I'm glad you gave her a chance BudMan!

That little R2D2 fan kills me! :Rasta:

The little plant that could! Seems to be turning the corner on whatever issue she had, those top nodes are starting to come in fresh and green. Dem roots are crazy thick too, she'll be nutrient-drunk sucking up the juice thru those beauties.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5", 46.3DLI, 646PPFD, 36k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 00:00-04:00 High 76F / 56% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 80F / 60% RH, default off

- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (24", 14.4k LUX, 19.4 DLI)
- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:
Vivosun AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating over Emmy on 'Natural Breeze' mode
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Date: 3/20/23 Day# 26

Gina is growing steadily and trying to catch up. She's been uppotted and topped so now she's putting her energy into the roots and the lower nodes. I filled her res (about 3.5L) to make sure she has plenty of moisture in the bottom of the bucket. She shouldn't need more water for another 4-5 days. By that time her roots should be down to the air gap and going strong.

In another few days I'll start her LST, pulling down the top nodes and pulling the lower nodes sideways to expose them. For now, though, Gina's just hanging out in the @VIVOSUN Auto Oasis and getting acclimated to the SIP. I'm ready to see this little girl hit a growth spurt!

I hope she sings for you!
She's starting to whistle, she just needs to pick up the tune ;)
The little plant that could! Seems to be turning the corner on whatever issue she had, those top nodes are starting to come in fresh and green. Dem roots are crazy thick too, she'll be nutrient-drunk sucking up the juice thru those beauties.
The roots are the main reason I kept her. Good roots will recover. I just hope she does it before flowering.
May Gina live a productive life!
Or a quick death!

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan

- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:
Vivosun AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating over Emmy on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Date: 3/23/23 Day# 29

I wanted to see if I could rescue a stunted auto. Turns out, I can't. I'm still not sure exactly what's wrong with Gina. Was the soil too hot or some other problem with the soil? Did she not like the bottom watering? Or does she just need something she's not getting? Whatever it is, she's still not looking great.

Her lower nodes are growing, but her new growth is mottled and showing issues. For 29 days she's still really small. I filled the res 5 days ago, and it still looks over 1/2 full. It also looks like she's just about ready to go into flower.

I did LST her top nodes today to keep them from getting too dominant over the other branches. I just pulled down the top two nodes and left everything else alone for now. I did learn a great trick, though. I always have a hard time pushing the CarHooks into the soil near the end without pushing too hard and hurting the branch. The trick is to put your hand right near the soil and PULL the carhook down. Doing this I can control the skewer much better, pulling it down slowly and precisely.

So here I am again, wondering whether to keep going or start over. At this point, I'm about ready to give up on her. Unless... the other auto in the Vivosun Auto Oasis, Emmy (Green Crack Auto), is finishing up and throwing nanners. If Gina goes into full flower in the next week or two, I may be able to pollinate her from Emmy. Sure, they may have a herm trait but they should all be female autos. At this point, it may be the only reason worth keeping Gina.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan

- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/23/23 Day# 29

I wanted to see if I could rescue a stunted auto. Turns out, I can't. I'm still not sure exactly what's wrong with Gina. Was the soil too hot or some other problem with the soil? Did she not like the bottom watering? Or does she just need something she's not getting? Whatever it is, she's still not looking great.

Her lower nodes are growing, but her new growth is mottled and showing issues. For 29 days she's still really small. I filled the res 5 days ago, and it still looks over 1/2 full. It also looks like she's just about ready to go into flower.

I did LST her top nodes today to keep them from getting too dominant over the other branches. I just pulled down the top two nodes and left everything else alone for now. I did learn a great trick, though. I always have a hard time pushing the CarHooks into the soil near the end without pushing too hard and hurting the branch. The trick is to put your hand right near the soil and PULL the carhook down. Doing this I can control the skewer much better, pulling it down slowly and precisely.

So here I am again, wondering whether to keep going or start over. At this point, I'm about ready to give up on her. Unless... the other auto in the Vivosun Auto Oasis, Emmy (Green Crack Auto), is finishing up and throwing nanners. If Gina goes into full flower in the next week or two, I may be able to pollinate her from Emmy. Sure, they may have a herm trait but they should all be female autos. At this point, it may be the only reason worth keeping Gina.

I thought you had her going there for a second sorry to see that. Such severe, un-natural looking growth, maybe you just got a runt? Something in your water? I almost watered my last girl from a 5G bucket I had used to collect used gun/bore cleaner. I could not see it, i didn't check ppm or anything, just happened to catch it by the smell.

The trick is to put your hand right near the soil and PULL the carhook down.
You'd think, since I've been using the hooks for years, that I would have thought of that...but no, I just learned it...
Damn good tip, Budman, Thank You!👍

I wish I had some advice for your problem child, but I have no clue what might be wrong with her... My guess would be genetics, but it's just a guess...

I thought you had her going there for a second sorry to see that. Such severe, un-natural looking growth, maybe you just got a runt? Something in your water? I almost watered my last girl from a 5G bucket I had used to collect used gun/bore cleaner. I could not see it, i didn't check ppm or anything, just happened to catch it by the smell.
I'm pretty sure nothing like that has happened. She's still on straight water so I'm just going to see what happens.
You'd think, since I've been using the hooks for years, that I would have thought of that...but no, I just learned it...
Damn good tip, Budman, Thank You!👍
It's amazing how much more control you have over them!
I wish I had some advice for your problem child, but I have no clue what might be wrong with her... My guess would be genetics, but it's just a guess...
That's my guess as well. Luckily I don't have much invested in her, so not much to lose either way.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (14", 35DLI)
- Circulation Fan
- AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating over Emmy using Circulation Fan settings above

- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/27/23 Day# 33

Gina is settled into the SIP and is starting to pick up the pace a little. I filled her res almost 10 days ago and she still has about 1/4 of that left. I'll fill back up the res tomorrow to make sure to keep that moisture gradient in the SIP.

I've LST'ed the top four branches, pulling them to the outside. I've had to update it once so far, moving the hooks further out on Sunday. She seems to be growing well now and her new growth looks OK?? I don't have a lot of time to spend on her right now, luckily she doesn't need much.

The electrical work in the basement is FINALLY done! I've been running everything in the basement on extension cords, not good. I had a new sub-panel put in, with dedicated 30a GFIs for each tent and two additional 30a GFIs on their own breaker. I can finally plug something in without worrying about tripping everything!

My basement is a mess right now. I had to pack everything up and move some shelves, stuff is strewn all around and sawdust is everywhere. I had the final inspection this morning, so it's time to clean everything up. The @VIVOSUN Auto Oasis will be staying the same, just on a dedicated GFI. Everything else will be cleared from the room. Then it will be time to set up my new grow space, with a few surprises!

My basement is a mess right now. I had to pack everything up and move some shelves, stuff is strewn all around and sawdust is everywhere.

It'll give you a chance to reorganize everything and clear out any clutter. Start fresh.

It's nice not having to worry about having enough power. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My basement is a mess right now. I had to pack everything up and move some shelves, stuff is strewn all around and sawdust is everywhere.

It'll give you a chance to reorganize everything and clear out any clutter. Start fresh.
That's the idea. I spent last night tearing down the Bud Factory and clearing that entire side of the basement.
It's nice not having to worry about having enough power. :cheesygrinsmiley:
For a while at least ;)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (14", 35DLI)
- Circulation Fan
- AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating over Emmy using Circulation Fan settings above

Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -Flower- Mode
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (20", 25 DLI)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 - Speed 8

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/29/23 Day# 35

Gina has started to flower. I went to switch the @VIVOSUN AeroLight SE to 'flower' spectrum and then remembered I had already scheduled the change for two days ago. I'll keep the light backed up a bit for now and let Gina grow up into it.

She's still pretty small and only has about 6-8 main colas. Some of her new growth looks better, and some still looks a bit deformed. She is drinking better, though, and is almost growing a node every day. She's not going to have much of a canopy, but I'm curious to see how much I can yield out of her little frame. In another day of two her res will be dry. Then I'll fill it up with some bloom nutes and see what she can do.

but I'm curious to see how much I can yield out of her little frame.
The first plant I ever grew in the box was a little LoRyder#2 auto- she was only 10 inches tall, but by harvest time she was nothin' but buds- got a smidge over 3 ounces from her- so don't count an auto out just because she's small..
Here she is about an hour before harvest..can you see what I mean by "nothin' but buds?":cool:
1680119033887.jpeg

Your droughted girl is looking terrible...just like she's supposed to... 🤪

The first plant I ever grew in the box was a little LoRyder#2 auto- she was only 10 inches tall, but by harvest time she was nothin' but buds- got a smidge over 3 ounces from her- so don't count an auto out just because she's small..
Here she is about an hour before harvest..can you see what I mean by "nothin' but buds?":cool:
1680119033887.jpeg
She's a beautiful plant, I'll show this picture to Gina ;)
Your droughted girl is looking terrible...just like she's supposed to... 🤪
She'll be put out of her misery soon enough ✂️:rollit:

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan

- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 3/27/23 Day# 33

Gina is settled into the SIP and is starting to pick up the pace a little. I filled her res almost 10 days ago and she still has about 1/4 of that left. I'll fill back up the res tomorrow to make sure to keep that moisture gradient in the SIP.

I've LST'ed the top four branches, pulling them to the outside. I've had to update it once so far, moving the hooks further out on Sunday. She seems to be growing well now and her new growth looks OK?? I don't have a lot of time to spend on her right now, luckily she doesn't need much.

The electrical work in the basement is FINALLY done! I've been running everything in the basement on extension cords, not good. I had a new sub-panel put in, with dedicated 30a GFIs for each tent and two additional 30a GFIs on their own breaker. I can finally plug something in without worrying about tripping everything!

My basement is a mess right now. I had to pack everything up and move some shelves, stuff is strewn all around and sawdust is everywhere. I had the final inspection this morning, so it's time to clean everything up. The @VIVOSUN Auto Oasis will be staying the same, just on a dedicated GFI. Everything else will be cleared from the room. Then it will be time to set up my new grow space, with a few surprises!

Wow bud man I’ve missed so much here Gina has been on some ride!

Wow bud man I’ve missed so much here Gina has been on some ride!
Hey GF yea, it's been a bit of a roller coaster. I'm hoping for it to smooth out in flower, though.

Back
Top Bottom