Radogast's First Indoor Seed Grow - In Search of Mothers

Well we all cant be cannabis gurus like you LA.. haha.

But with all the blogs and guides amazing growers like TheCapn, s1ingblade, KingJohnC and yourself put up here, we all can grow like you guys soon.

I'm hoping that at least one of my frosty nugs from my White Rhinos is even good enough to have someone just mention the thought of entering it on Nug of the Month contest. Let alone even enter it! Maybe on my second or third grow i will have some buds worthy of nomination. I did just do a nice photo shoot of my ladies at day 44/45!! hah

About the butter machine tho... I cook for a living and i almost feel like i can produce just as good quality butter as said machines. Then again, i have never compared my cannabutter to butter thats been extracted with a machine, so my opinion is null and void haha!!

lol. Ive had a butter machine for ages now and never used it once! I will after this run though, as I fancy some GG butter and also to make my own canna vodka. I also gave 4 of them away over my first year on 420! lol

Hello Light Addict. Would you pls. tell me about the butter machine? The name is self explanatory but I've not heard of them before. Thanks.

lol. Ive had a butter machine for ages now and never used it once! I will after this run though, as I fancy some GG butter and also to make my own canna vodka. I also gave 4 of them away over my first year on 420! lol

Light Addict is planning on breaking his butter machine virginity. !!:rofl:

I feel honored to be a corrupting force on :420:

:)

Some of you may remember that 4 days ago I snipped a few pistols and a tiny bit of green flower off the tips of almost all my flowers. This was done in an attempt to improve the quality of the individual buds:)

LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

When I jarred them, I had to press firm to fit them all in, now the mass of hairs has shrunk a lot, at least 80%.
They also dried from white to brown.

20140629_011733-1.jpg

The mass of pistils (hairs) looks almost like a bud:)

The extreme shrinking explains to me why dried bud hairs always look tightly trimmed :)

20140629_011630-1.jpg

Hello Light Addict. Would you pls. tell me about the butter machine? The name is self explanatory but I've not heard of them before. Thanks.

Hey brightlight, its a Magical Butter machine and they're a sponsor here at 420. The machine itself is a mini processing station that breaks down your herb and has set cycles that will give you a different end product. It makes butter obviouly as well as tinctures etc. Sorry Im not the best informed here as haven't used it yet lol.
Just check them out on the sponsors page :)

:popcorn:

Sorry it took me so long getting here Radogast but I'm subbed to so many journals that I have to always wait until a few are complete or temporarily inactive before I commit to new ones. When I follow a journal I FOLLOW IT, not just sub to it.

Glad to be here.

:popcorn:

Sorry it took me so long getting here Radogast but I'm subbed to so many journals that I have to always wait until a few are complete or temporarily inactive before I commit to new ones. When I follow a journal I FOLLOW IT, not just sub to it.

Glad to be here.

I'm subbed to over 50 grows journals and 20 plus instructional journals.
Thanks to the hands of time, several of the grow journals are winding to a close.

In this final month of flower, I'm basically hanging on to the routines that got me this far, mixing small adjustments and watching my lead White Widow Denise cannibalize the last bit of nutrition in the leaves. Since I switched to watering every two to three days, the leaf vampirism seems to have slowed, but I've thought things were getting better before ;)

My plans for next grow are modest: secure the interior panda walls in more places, and move their base outside the drip tray floor.
Start cal-mag earlier. Reduce nutes and PH. Blend a faster draining soil. Try to get more than 3 hrs sleep

Enjoy what you can here- I'm looking forward to a month about as interesting as watching paint dry :)

My plans Reduce nutes

Enjoy what you can here- I'm looking forward to a month about as interesting as watching paint dry :)
I've been paying close attention to PJ's system as he's been explaining how we really don't need to use many nutes when our soil is right and how too much traffic in the soil can cause issues. I definitely plan on backing off on the nutes.

Don't look at it like that. If it's a boring grow it's great bud, if it's an issue packed grow it's the best hands on experience money can't buy; priceless...

A win win.

I'll second the reduced nutes. I've seen crazy results after I backed off my mixes. I was 1200ppm now I'm more 800s, and growth had drastically changed. Along with my nitrogen issue.
I always figured to give my plants the max they can handle before burning was best. But no I was just wasting fertilizer .

The shorter girls

Carmelicious Sassy (Left Front) and White Widow Bellatrix.

Sassy was a really slow bloomer, thought she was a boy for awhile.
At one time she had the biggest colas in the room.

20140702_184812-1.jpg

20140702_184443-1.jpg

White Widow Bellatrix is at five weeks in flower, briefly in a scrog, then sent to flower early because I thought I needed space for the clones. Clones which have failed to thrive and are a minimum of 5 weeks away from flowering.

Skinny buds like the other White Widow, but at least she still has fan leaves.

20140702_184515-1.jpg

20140702_184452-1.jpg

Thanks rad for the message. Plants are looking great and from what I see some of them look like they are close to harvest. I'm curious to hear the total yield produced. I may start my own thread soon I am going the soiless route. I will keep you posted! Thanks for the pictures they are very encouraging.

Back
Top Bottom