You probably already seen this @Aweedtec

I did a search on Pistachio grow journal and a couple popped up.
Have you try a grow journal search?
I did search and found a few but I only found one Pistachio video journal on You Tube I believe that looked like this plant at the same stage.
I was told the name was pistachio but I wasnt there when he popped the seeds so I have to just take his word and I actually dont know if he was correct or not. But that one grow journal was a hydro grow and mine was ProMix media. The other pistachio plants I found looked nothing like mine. But that one video journal it was big tall and wide. Just how this plant naturally grows.

You know I am shocked that Humbolt doesn't have photos of their seeds from seed to harvest. If I sold seeds that is exactly how my sales would be handled. Advertising is key. What I think bothers me a bit is that every plant ive grown I was unable to find that specific strain in different stages of growth. The only plant i found that I was able to look at the You tube journal and my plant and it was so obvious they were the same strain was blueberry pancakes. Home Grown TV or Home Grow TV on You Tube had a Vs with Blueberry Pancakes and Blueberry muffin so I was able to know for sure that he was right about those seeds. But the freebies. I dont know why he didnt label any of the seeds he popped. But this time I did it all myself so I made tags.

I used to grow for HSO and Dinafem (new strains tester), so I am familiar with a lot of their older strain. HSO and Dinafem had to start over because they got in some kind of trouble with the Spanish government. They where out of business for a couple of years and just came back last year. Most of the strains they have now days are all newer strain. I think they lost a lot of their older genetics, when the Spanish government ceded all of their assets. Seeds are an asset.
Have you tried to e-mail them for info.?

I understand and totally agree with knowing the strain, but I have grown enough I don't worry about information on strain. Don't get me wrong, I still look at seed companies recommendations, but don't give it much thought.

For instance, I am currently growing a Mexican X-factor. It is a seed I saved from when I bought weed. The seed is over 10 years old and I just want to see what would happens. I germinated it, grew it to sex it, and now she is in flower. The only information I had was I think it was Mexican. :goof:

Some time not knowing is half the fun, but I do mark all my plants with strain type until they are big enough to tell the difference. If not I would go crazy, I currently have 4 different Photo's and 2 different Auto's growing; 5 are in flower and one is still in veg. The one in veg will be finished vegging around the end of the month and they I will change the light schedule to 12/12

You are showing that you have skills growing cannabis.
Just enjoy the process and you will get much more satisfaction.

edit: Do you know how to link your grow journal to your signature?

The only information I had was I think it was Mexican. :goof:
Hilarious.
My roommate calls all dirt weed Mexican. Basically because when we were young none of it was legal anywhere in the states and that is what they called bricked up cannabis shipped across the border.

When they would basically pack all that cannabis into a compacted block to get more across the border.

I mean who cares about curing the harvest? They just bricked it up and shipped it.

You would get a literal quarter size bud in thickness too and if you started flaking it apart the next thing you know it's two fingers across the baggy 😆 and moldy as can be!
but we smoked it anyway.

edit: Do you know how to link your grow journal to your signature?
I have no idea. I don't think I have a signature. I suppose I should make one.

Cool, let get this done for you and make it easier for everyone to local you journal.

Click on your screen name in the top right hand corner.
Scroll down to your signature and click it.
Now just paste the link for your grow journal in the signature box.

Your all done.
Now everyone, no matter where you make a comment; they will be able to link to your journal.

Hope this helps.

Tok..

Cool, let get this done for you and make it easier for everyone to local you journal.

Click on your screen name in the top right hand corner.
Scroll down to your signature and click it.
Now just paste the link for your grow journal in the signature box.

Your all done.
Now everyone, no matter where you make a comment; they will be able to link to your journal.

Hope this helps.

Tok..
Done. I believe it worked. Thanks!

Check out my last post. Interesting info

While a had a little time this morning, I was able to string up the net and put it in place.
Let the fun begin.

I started removing some of the foliage under the net to aloud better light penetration and air flow. Currently the net is placed just a little below the canopy; so I can start manipulating branches. As I had mentioned earlier this plant will be in veg about ten more days but this is subject to change. The fun part is filling the net, and it will be interesting with a suggested 42 day flowering period.

This means whatever I do over the next week or so, will determine if I can pull a pound or not out of the strain. Easy with a 4x4 net, but might not be as easy with a 3x3 net, but I will give it all I got.

What do you think? Have any question yet?

That's all folk's.

Be safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..
Looking beautiful mate :popcorn:
:welldone:

Good morning @NickHardy

He had it yesterday afternoon.
Just a limited edition, dry run before the main event, the grand unveiling? First 50 to see it get a handwritten version on a cream card written in copperplate with a green inked fountain pen…

I’d do the same too 😂

In the meantime I’ll have a search!

How’s those GG#4 and OGK coming along? I have a first smoke of some OGK from a random auto I didn’t know was an auto to try tonight. I’m hoping for a great nights sleep!

Nick

How’s those GG#4 and OGK coming along? I have a first smoke of some OGK from a random auto I didn’t know was an auto to try tonight. I’m hoping for a great nights sleep!

Let me start with the GG #4.
I will be doing this @Canuk Seeds strain again, but next time under a net.

GG #4 is spreading her winds in my 2x4 tent and slowly running out of real estate.
She has a nice branch structure for producing large yields.
GG #4 is a true gem to grow.

Now as for the OG Kush, she is now under the net and spreading toward the ends of the net.
Since, I have her is a 3x3 tent I decided to flip her to flower a little early.
She is now on 12/12 and in transit to flower as of yesterday.

Here are some current images.

That's all folk's.

stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Let me start with the GG #4.
I will be doing this @Canuk Seeds strain again, but next time under a net.

GG #4 is spreading her winds in my 2x4 tent and slowly running out of real estate.
She has a nice branch structure for producing large yields.
GG #4 is a true gem to grow.

Now as for the OG Kush, she is now under the net and spreading toward the ends of the net.
Since, I have her is a 3x3 tent I decided to flip her to flower a little early.
She is now on 12/12 and in transit to flower as of yesterday.

That's all folk's.

stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..
How far apart are the screws on that trellis? Do you have to ease the growth through it?
I just got all sorts of ideas looking at how that is constructed.
Like I can adjust height on something like that with straight connectors and a bit more pipe for different height plants. Only because I have an odd closet to grow in. Been thinking about how to make one about 4 foot wide and double tiered because I have an 8 inch step in my closet. I need to turn my closet door around becxause it opens in. Which is really stupid unless you have a walk in closet. Which I do but its so narrow its not really. So that space is just wasted. Id like to put a light there. But the door opens into it. So turning the door around is the only way.

I think the remodelers back in 2019 (before I bought the house) put that door in wrong side. I say that because if I removed the split jam and rehang it on the outside it will open against the wall. Which is perfectly how it should open. Which will allow me to grow more.

I've never done the trellis before but It looks interesting.

Your plants look great.
Funny thing.... I remember dirt weed when I was in my teens and 20s. Whenever we would get a seed we would try to grow a plant and the moment we saw flowers at the stage your plants are in right now we would pull a bud off, microwave it and then declare it nasty because the seed came from dirt weed. Little did we know back then that we were impatient know nothing idiots! IF we had just waited! What young person waits?

I've never done the trellis before but It looks interesting.
Doing a scrog grow isn't hard, you just need a plan of how you want to do it.
I started out using 6 inch section and it was to loose for me.
I now do 3 inch sections and should have at least one bud per-section.

Once the net is placed all the foliage is kept under the net and buds will come up through the net.

Here is a thread that scrogs almost the same way I do.

Hope this helps.

TR

Time to update this one also.

The @Canuk Seeds GG #4 is doing well and stacking up the budsites.
GG #4 has a suggested flowering time of 60 days.
Real close to harvest, under two weeks.

OG Kush has a suggested flowering time of 55-60 days.
Still way out on this one, just started scrogging 6 days ago.

More to come.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

I apologizes for the delayed update it has been one of those weeks. Between my hot water tank going and I had to replace it and a false alarm from the hospital, I am ready for this week to end.

As for @Canuk Seeds GG #4 she is a great plant to grow that requires very little attention aside from training to produce a larger yield. She is currently at day 55 of 12/12. I will definitely be growing this one again, in water and under a net. I am impressed by her size considering I am only using a @ViparSpectra XS-2000 light at 250 watts. Still feeding @GeoFlora Nutrients bloom which make life so easy.

The OG Kush is taking to the net very well and starting to spread out nicely. Currently she is 12 days into 12/12 under two @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO inside a 3x3 tent, not the best fit, but it will work. The other light blew a ballast, so I need to get another one, but had to make adjustment for this grow.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Ke0ncp

That's the plan to fill the net and try to get a pound off a 3x3 scrog net.
The real challenge is OG Kush has a short suggested flowering period of around 42 days is getting a pound in that short a period of time may be difficult. If I get 400+ grams I will be happy with the yield, for a veg period of 7 weeks, I think.

Out of the six different strains I am growing four of them are close to finishing.
The OG Kush has a little over a month to fill that 3x3 net with cola's.

TR

Back
Top Bottom