I've been looking for a great grow tent canopy fan since I started growing. Right now I have a Vivosun AeroWave A6 clipped to the back-right tent pole. It clamps easily to the tent pole, puts off a good amount of air and is still oscillating and working well. That's more than I can say for every other canopy fan I've purchased.

Well my friends at @VIVOSUN sent me a preview of their new fan, the Vivosun AeroWave E6 Clip-on fan. This fan will be on the market soon and let me tell you: This is the grow tent fan I've been looking for! When I took it out of the box I was surprised at how small and light it seemed. Could this thing really make a difference?

Then I plugged it in. It has 5 speeds + an Innovative 'Natural Breeze' mode to provide an ideal grow environment. It's amazing what they can do with these new EC motors because it puts off a lot of wind on speed# 5 and is still really quiet. I can see the buds in the 4x4 bend when it hits them from the opposite corner. Two of these in opposite corners of a 5x5 would be plenty of airflow.

It has the same patented clamp as the A6 and can grip on round, square, and even flat surfaces without scratching. It attached to my tent perfectly and it was very secure. The clamp and neck/mount help keep the fan out of the corner of the tent so it can move without hitting the sides of the tent.

The worst part of most of these fans is the oscillation. Most of the fans I've bought don't oscillate well, or the motor slows down when they do. All of them tend to pull the power cord when they move, which is a bit of a fire hazard. The E6 is built with an isolated oscillation motor. The cord doesn't connect to the oscillating part, so it doesn't move! I've also noticed that the movement is slower than most fans which I love. It takes about 20 seconds to do a full 90 degrees back and forth. It also has a 80 degree vertical manual adjustment with a built-in angle index.

Vivosun has seen the safety issues with most grow tent fans on the market and has added several additional safety features to this fan. In addition to the isolated oscillation motor, the E6 has an obstacle avoidance system to keep the oscillating motor from overheating. And the whole fan is run with a 12vDc motor with an external power supply.

This fan was made for growers, and even has an easily removable front cover for cleaning. This is by far the best grow tent fan I've seen. But @VIVOSUN has seen the future of growing. So, the AeroWave E6 is also a Vivosun Smart Grow System component! That means it's compatible with GrowHub E25 and E42 and can be remotely controlled thought Wi-Fi, with both speed adjustment and ON/OFF time settings.

Vivosun's patented external and internal design and craftsmanship sets the AeroWave E6 apart. Are you ready to see the best clip-on fan on the market? Meet the new Vivosun E6 Smart 6-inch Clip-on Fan!
AeroWave E6_1.jpg

AeroWave E6_Clamp.jpg

AeroWave E6_Speeds.jpg

AeroWave E6_NatWind.jpg

AeroWave E6_Oscillation.jpg

AeroWave E6_Safety.jpg

AeroWave E6_SGS.jpg

AeroWave E6_SGS2.jpg

Here's my new E6 hanging out in the front-left of my tent.
20230124_125108.jpg

With the AeroWave A6 in the back-right and the AeroWave E6 in the front-left, this tent canopy is well covered.
20230124_125302.jpg

#VIVOSUN #AeroWave #LoveWhatYouGrow

Date: 1/24/22 Day# 46 of Flower (W7D4)
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 90% 18-24" (45-60k lux)
- Vivosun 6" AeroZesh exhaust fan
- Vivosun GrowHub - Controls the light and exhaust & syncs with Vivosun App
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating fan
- Vivosun AeroWave E6 Clip-on oscillating fan
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Prescription Blend Week# 6 Flower & Bennies (Hydroguard, z7)
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)
Weekly Temperatures

Another quiet week in the Bud Factory, which is perfect for mid to late flower. This tent transitioned over to the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System without missing a beat. I've been using the Vivosun app to step down the RH in the tent toward the end of flower. For the last couple of weeks, RH will be in the low 50s and high 40s. Here you can see the RH for the last month.

These ladies are drinking 2.5 gallons every day now. I fill the RDWC every other day, usually just water. At this point they'll probably take mostly water through the end. I'll keep the pH in the right range, but they should have all of the nutes they need to finish up.

Today I set the light to 90%. I'll step it down 5% every 5-7 days through the end of the grow. These buds are ready to mature and too much light is only going to cause more foxtailing and prolong flowering. I'm ready for these ladies to settle down into a nice fall, with slightly less light and lower temperatures. The VSF6450 is still putting off plenty of light at 90% for these buds to keep fattening up.

Can it really be near the end of week# 7 of flower? There are a lot more orange pistils in there, although still plenty of white ones. Some of the larger buds are starting to lean a bit, and the wiggle test shows me they're putting on some serious weight. The smell is increasing too, though it's hard to tell. We still haven't put a filter on, so the whole house reeks of fruity skunk. We can only really smell it when I come back into the house. Finally, the trichomes have been around for a while, but they are getting serious now. These ladies have a couple more weeks and they look like they're ready to finish up strong!

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
You really do know how to put the EVEN in canopy. excellent work budman they look perfect 👍

Looking great LKA! I love how you use all these gadgets and take a very detailed and scientific approach to growing.

Do you normally step down the light towards the end of flowering or just doing it due to some foxtailing?

Looking great LKA! I love how you use all these gadgets and take a very detailed and scientific approach to growing.
Hi Tim and Thanks!
Do you normally step down the light towards the end of flowering or just doing it due to some foxtailing?
This is my first full grow with the VSF6450 and it's a lot of light in the 4x4. I've been trying to follow this chart to set the DLI for this grow:
Photoperiod DLI Requirements.jpg

As you can see, it calls for reduced DLI in late flower. This can be done by lowering the intensity of the light or my decreasing the hours (from 12/12 to 11/13 or even 10/14). For this grow I'm going to try decreasing the intensity of light for the last couple weeks. I've seen other members that reduce DLI by reducing #hours and will try that in a future grow.

Congrats on the new fan! Does it work independently from the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System?

AND... your Skunks look amazing. You are going to yield a lot of it so I hope you like it. ;)

Congrats on the new fan! Does it work independently from the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System?
It does. I have it running independently now.
AND... your Skunks look amazing. You are going to yield a lot of it so I hope you like it. ;)
Thanks. Yea, me too. They smell fantastic, though, and I've yet to meet a homegrown bud I didn't love ;)

Date: 1/27/22 Day# 49 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 90% 18-24" (45-55k lux)
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan

I hadn't even opened the tent since the last post. Today I opened it all the way and gave them a good inspection. I used to do it every day, but with these ladies its more like once every week.

Here's a view from underneath (larftown).

There's a few leaves that are browning a bit but those are in the path of the floor fan, so they stay a bit wind-burnt. I leave them on as long as possible, because as soon as I take one off the leaf behind it starts getting brown. I'd much rather have a few wind-burnt leaves than PM or mold.

Here's a picture of the front two roots (Cindy & Suzy).

They look a little dirty but overall really healthy. Everything smells good too, with a unique @Prescription Blend earthy smell that I attribute to the KelpFul. Nothing smells foul and no slime.

The foliage is still mostly green, no fade here. Most of them have a slight tip burn, and a few leaves show some wind damage. The leaves up top are covered in trichomes, especially those in the middle of the tent. The leaves on the side of the tent are stunted but I don't feel any moisture on them. Everything goes right to the edge of the 4x4, this tent is FULL!

The buds are still looking fantastic, foxtails and all. I still see plenty of white pistils, but a lot more orange every day. They're still putting on bulk and look more visibly swollen. The trichomes are getting long and thick and coat everything. The smell is continuing to increase, and is getting more fruity.

I'm continuing to decrease the humidity in the @VIVOSUN app down to 52% day (46% night). The airflow in the tent right now is fantastic, so I'm not worried about PM or mold. I'll reduce the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 5% to 85% this weekend to continue to encourage them to finish up. It looks like they still have a couple more weeks to go, but I'll check the trics next week. Until then, I'll leave the tent closed as much as possible. These Skunks have work to do!

:drool:

I'd ignore the foxtail pistils and trichomes when sorting out harvest time. You might never take it down if you scope those!
Yea, that's the plan. I've got plenty of time to wait her out too. I'll just keep lowering the light and the nutes ;)

Just ridiculous, looks like a damn Christmas tree farm, with prehung ornaments even - the way those pistols are popping and changing. The man knows his grows.

Just ridiculous, looks like a damn Christmas tree farm, with prehung ornaments even - the way those pistols are popping and changing.
They are something, aren't they? And they're changing so quickly now.
The man knows his grows.
Thanks a lot RR. I learned a lot from the last grow, especially what not to do. Last time I tried to give them too much, both nutes and light. I think I've also been increasing the VPD too soon, turning down the RH at the start of flower. This time I focused on healthy plants and keeping everything in balance. I stepped up the DLI gradually through the start of flower and left the VPD at around 1.1 through the stretch. They are happy ladies.
True 'dat Rhino! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB. This is my 6th grow and 3rd in the RDWC and it gets easier every time. I have a better feel for the plants and what they need as they grow and mature. I'm still fairly new at this, though, and still learning with each grow. That's what makes it so much fun ;)

Date: 1/31/22 Day# 53 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 85% 18-24" (35-45k lux)
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
Weekly Temperatures

The average temperature in my basement is 70f and <40% RH. This makes for some really nice fall-like conditions in the tent. The temperatures in the Bud Factory are mild and staying under 80f, with a 10f day/night variance, and the humidity is low. It's perfect weather for these ladies to finish up.

I fed them their last nutrients on Friday. Through the end of the grow I'll add only pH'ed water. They have plenty of nutrients in the res right now to see them through the next couple of weeks.

It seems like just last week the tent was full of white pistils. Now I see a lot more orange pistils than white, and a lot starting to turn in. The calyx are starting to swell and the skunk just keeps getting stronger. I turned the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 down to 85% this weekend, still plenty of light for these buds to mature.

Since these ladies are from seed I know they could finish up at different times. So for the rest of this grow I'll be focusing on four buds, one from each plant. I chose buds that I could easily access from the side entrances. PPFD is with light @ 85%. I tried to get tric pics, but my tric camera died after the first pic :(

Cindy (front-right of tent) - Cindy still has the most white pistils, especially on her foxtails. She has about 30 tops, most about 23" from the light (31" tall).

The bud I'm following is toward the back, right next to Sandy. It still has plenty of white pistils, especially on the foxtail on top. It's 23" from the light at 880 PPFD. The bud is about 10" long and 54mm (2.1") wide.

Suzy (front-left) - Suzy has the fewest white pistils and looks the most finished. Because Speck is so little, Suzy takes up most of the left side of the tent with over 25 tops.

This bud is one of the largest in the tent. Once of Suzy's mains, it is 17" long and 64mm (2.5") wide. It has very few white pistils, although most of the orange ones are still standing up. It is 22" from the light getting 840PPFD.

Sandy (back-right) - Sandy outgrew all of her sisters by a few inches. Her buds appear slightly more sativa, longer and not as wide at the base, curling up the stem. With about 20 tops she's taking most of the back of the tent, sprawled all over Speck.

This bud was tied up to keep it from flopping against the side of the tent. It has a lot of foxtails and is still showing white pistils. It's 21" from the light getting 850 PPFD. This bud is 12" long and 52mm (2") wide.

Speck (back-left) - Speck is the runt of the litter and barely makes it up to the second net. She self-topped right at the base, so she has two mains. In most pictures you can't even see her! She's been pushed aside by the others and just barely fills the corner.

She only has the two mains and a smaller bud or two, but those buds are still pretty impressive. This bud is 30" from the light getting 560PPFD. It's 11" long and 51mm (2") wide. Few white pistils remain, with the oranges still sticking out.

I'll be tracking these same four buds through to harvest. I'll be trying to take the pictures from the same angle and in the same spot as much as possible. I'm charging the tric camera, so I'll include trichome pictures next time. We'll see if we can determine when they're ready to harvest!

Excellent garden tour...awaiting smell-o-vision! :)
Thanks Shed. The kids came by on Friday and said they could smell them in the driveway🦨🍋🦨🍊🦨🍒🦨

Back
Top Bottom