• Schtiggy - Jack Herrer Auto

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • UltraDan - White Widow

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Farside05 - Sour Diesel

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sni in the bag mate;) she is a beauty good work;)

I hardly think so Beast, but thank you very much. Not even half the vote tally yet. Still a long 10 days of nail biting and pacing around the garden yelling at my girl, telling them to shape up for God's sake. They've taken the grilling pretty well and are doing what they need to. Ain't over till the big :420: Teddy "Bear" Edwards closes that polling booth.

Good luck to you all, fantastic month of grade 'A' cannabis.

:bravo: 420 family :bravo:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back by popular demand and going for runner up 4 times in a row.

Well, Snid, looks like disappointment again this month! No 4th time runner up! :high-five:

In honor of Leialoha (was I close?) I started working on my entry for December. Inspired by all the entries really. Goes to show that we all win here, but you get the cool stuff! Congrats.

Well, Snid, looks like disappointment again this month! No 4th time runner up!

It's not over 'til the fat Teddy sings. :cheer:

P.S. I am not fat.

It's not over 'til the fat Teddy sings. :cheer:

P.S. I am not fat.

Hope your not offended Teddy. That's why I used "big" Teddy, To exemplify your greatness and extraordinary service to this community. Hope you can hit the high notes :rofl:

How many votes will be nixed is the question we should be asking, it's a crap shoot until we have the amended totals. I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, just like I don't name plants till they sprout.

Good luck my friends, and thank you Teddy for the morning chuckle. :ciao: have a good day all...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

And should people be voting for their motm in the plant thread?

those "best of the month" contests should be divided in 3 sections, "best indoor" , "best outdoor" & "best auto" , because the way it is now, it is so hard to decide and sometimes unfair!! :) lots of great stuff here !!

those "best of the month" contests should be divided in 3 sections, "best indoor" , "best outdoor" & "best auto" , because the way it is now, it is so hard to decide and sometimes unfair!! :) lots of great stuff here !!

I agree it would be great to have different categories.
BUT
I see a couple possible issues with splitting them up into more contests.

1. participation - Example this one has 15 or 16 entries, split that 3 ways and you only have 5 in each
2. prizes - from what I see the prize packages are put together by donations from sponsors. They may not want to make that many donations each month. The level of donations could stay the same, but the prize packages would be smaller and then how do they decide which winner gets which items as their prize.

yeah i said this for fun but anyway, none of the concerns you rise are actually a problem for users, sponsors will make their way through or not, who cares, their problem, not ours, (they are sponsors, they actually pay to get exposure, they are not here to be your friends, they want to sell stuff or advertise them) and in fact it can be as much an opportunity to multiply participation as dividing it, depends how its done - -- do you know how many people DO NOT participate because of the way it is now ? may be that's the reason for the lack of participation? who says he really knows ????

Anyway, I stop the grumpy blah blah, I casted my vote :)

I agree it would be great to have different categories.
BUT
I see a couple possible issues with splitting them up into more contests.

1. participation - Example this one has 15 or 16 entries, split that 3 ways and you only have 5 in each
2. prizes - from what I see the prize packages are put together by donations from sponsors. They may not want to make that many donations each month. The level of donations could stay the same, but the prize packages would be smaller and then how do they decide which winner gets which items as their prize.

for the participation, i would say 1) it's august and 2) the site may not work for everyone due to bugs (i can access it only with internet explorer, but must use Firefox to post (= because when i save a message in ie, i don't see it posted, but if open firefox, it is posted :) ) , i use chrome usually but it is impossible to use here now (scripts are not working, like uploading pics or going to "subscribed threads". been like that since a week or so - may be it is just me. 3) it's indeed hard to find, it's barely accessible from the front page results articles, so i come here mainly when it's in the signature of someone else (because it can't be in the "subscribed threads" or something like that, you have to navigate to it each time and ppl like me forget it exists ) :)

It should stay as is. Too many categories dilutes the competition. Organic vs hydro, best flux, best vert grow, best guerilla style, best Bonzai, best high CBD, best sativa...it could go on and on.

I agree. I don't have any standard when I vote. I look at all of them and when I am done mopping up all the drool I vote for the one that hits me as the best. It's more of a gut thing than thinking about it. Some of them just initiate boner sequence!

Always talk on changing comps etc. These comps have been running years, long before most members here now. The mods know what they are doing. I used to enter plants monthly, i don't now as I've been busy last couple years and only focus on my journals mostly. Its crap sometimes when an indoor plant is up against an outdoor monster which will be evident the next couple months. However it says plant of the month not style of the month, plant is a plant and you just have to step up to make sure your plants can compete with the rest if you want to win.

Ive entered some good plants over the years, as have other competent growers and i was at times baffled how other worse plants (IMO) got the votes. But fact is everyone has their own tastes and some people vote for friends or whatever. It doesn't matter, its just a bit of fun. The prizes don't interest me, I'm fortunate enough to be able to get any kit i want, I'm interested in the kudos. Infact i think these comps would be better without the prizes, then you would have people entering plants for the love of growing. Thats just my opinion. good luck...

The solo cup competition that Marsbadrock ran a while back was great fun and everyone actually had a great time.:thumb: no prizes except bragging rights , and as it turned out it was a three way tie, so not even much of those.

I think a best flowers competition would be great, it's what we are trying to grow.. Some growers styles just grow ugly plants but we all want their flowers.. It'd be the best looking competition... I might even start a thread each month for it, I'll sponsor, winner gets free painting advice :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom