New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

Hey man .....just stoppin by to wish you & your helper Happy New Year!!! :party: And to the others Happy New Year as well !!! :party: Hope EVERY one stays safe :peace:

Broke Ass, a very Happy New York New Year's Eve in your city that never sleeps....to you and all those that you love.... :circle-of-love:

Happy New Year Reg. I'm looking forward to another great year of getting to know you even better. :hug: :love: Be safe, stay buzzed. :laughtwo:

happy new year to you and yours Reggie :) :) :)

grats on the chops too :high-five:

:party::party:HaPPy NeW YeAr:party::party:

I'm just getting my act together and it's 12:50pm Jan 1, 2016. Slept the whole morning away. Let's just say I brung it in old school style...

I have to apologize for my recent absence but I promise to catch up on all your journals I'm subbed to in the near future.

LIBERTY HAZE
(Feminized, Flux) Dry Weight & Smoke Report

IMG_00021104.jpg

IMG_20140818_5_9.jpg

WACK!!! I have to say it's nowhere near the potency of her clone but considering everything she's been through it's not surprising. Again, I'd have to say it was worth it since it taught someone a lot about growing and they were proud to take a plant from seed to the finish line on their own... Much respect. this one's a 2 1/2

Speaking of Liberty Haze...

FORMALLY LIBERTY HAZE CLONE RE-VEG NOW 5X LIBERTY HAZE Let's call this Day 1

I'm sure you remember her re-vegging...

IMG_00021067.jpg

Well one of the beans must have fell in the soil so I figured why waste time re-vegging.

IMG_00021155.jpg

IMG_00021160.jpg

And while we're at it toss a few more in there.

IMG_00021177.jpg

Thus 5X Liberty Haze...

This Morning
IMG_00021179.jpg

HARVEST​

ULTRA LEMON HAZE (Bottom Half)

IMG_00021113.jpg

IMG_00021127.jpg

IMG_00021138.jpg

IMG_00021172.jpg

Sent back under 18/6 for re-veg...

IMG_00021142.jpg

IMG_00021149.jpg

The bottom half Dry Weight was 18.7g.

Top.......57.2g
Bottom..18.7g

And a Happy New Year to YOU Reg. :laughtwo: What a sweet way to start off 2016. :high-five:

QUICK UPDATE​
Jan 2, 2016​

4X BLUE BLOOD Day 24

We laid all 4 seedlings down.

Last Night
IMG_00021183.jpg

IMG_00021193.jpg

This Morning
IMG_00021210.jpg

5X LIBERTY HAZE Day 2

All 5 have sprouted. We'll let these grow untrained.

IMG_00021200.jpg

IMG_00021199.jpg

You're determined to push that envelope on multiple planting in the same pot, aren't you Reg? :laughtwo: I love it. I also love the way they reorient themselves overnight to be "up" and then explode in new growth. You have such healthy plants it makes me long to get back home. Turns out I'm not as enthusiastic about vacationing as one would expect. Lost in the study of nutrition as a force in treating cancer and caught up in numerous side projects here. I still have that trip to Vegas coming up the end of the month.

As soon as I get home I'm baking brownies. :laughtwo:

When do you plan to start the kit grow? I'm looking forward to seeing which strains you choose for that. I'm hoping you make at least one a Jack Herer. It'll be interesting to see if you notice a marked difference in quality between that grow and your PeeJay's soil mix. I suspect they're going to be close in quality.

Have a wonderful day Reg. :hug: :circle-of-love:

As soon as I get home I'm baking brownies. :laughtwo:
I know that's right! Hard to believe you're out there going cold turkey Sue. First day back at the office since Dec 23 and already stressed out just because I can't light one up when I feel like it anymore. LOL
PS: I really didn't miss these co-workers one bit (well maybe a handful of them).

When do you plan to start the kit grow?
It'll be awhile, I have to purchase the Pro-Mix HP 3.8 and the holidays left me without a grow budget. Honestly though, since we've started using PJ's Organic Soil Mix again I'm really asking myself is all the hoopla worth it. Every plant we have in all stages of growth are healthy as heck. Can't get any simpler than just adding water.
But as promised I'll run the "side by side" eventually. I'll probably go with the 2 Red Purp beans I have left.

You're determined to push that envelope on multiple planting in the same pot, aren't you Reg? :laughtwo: I love it.

Hello Darlin'... Ain't sure bout' all those multi pots but whatever works :)... Congrats on the ulh chop :yahoo:.2.5 zips ain't to shabby....:circle-of-love:
Now remember Fifi, we've already shattered the myth that multiple plants in the same pot will fight for dominance leaving one healthy and the others struggling awhile back in NCG 3.0. The most so far was 3 plants but they were in a 5gal Smart Pot not these 3gals so we'll see what happens...

And just for the record...

FORMALLY 5X LIBERTY HAZE NOW 6X LIBERTY HAZE Day 4

Another seedling sprouted! I'm wondering how many beans did that Clone mother drop before chopping her. Also a Lamb's Quarters seedling sprouted.

IMG_00021234.jpg

The original seedling fell down so we had to put a crutch on her. To slow down all this stretch we've raised the pot and gave it it's own light source (CFL).

IMG_00021239.jpg

IMG_00021243.jpg

THE AUTO EXPERIMENT​
TO TRAIN OR NOT TO TRAIN AUTOS​

DAY 65​

Subject #1 Untrained
Subject #2 Trained

This experiment is a wrap! Subject #2 is a dude. Now for the life of me I don't see how pollinating a feminized auto can leave you with male autos but undoubtedly it's possible. This is the 2nd male from those batch of beans.

IMG_00021216.jpg

IMG_00021222.jpg

The jury's still out on Subject #1 but I think it's a girl.

IMG_00021257.jpg

IMG_00021262.jpg

IMG_00021266.jpg

Good morning Reg. I told myself one more notification before I forced myself to put down the iPad and jump into the shower before breakfast and how sweet is it that you're the one who popped right up? :hug: :love: I keep jumping on line before climbing out of bed and finding myself still there three hours later. LOL!

Six in the pot now Reg? :laughtwo: How delightful that the Lamb's Quarters came up too. That's a true community pot. :laughtwo: An interesting experiment that just keep on becoming more interesting.

I agree about the soils. I feel the same way about my no-tills, though they suffered after Dale passed. I'll get them up to speed in no time after I get back home. PeeJay's mix kicks butt and obviously grows high brix plants, but it's going to be insightful to see them grown side-by-side by someone much more talented than me. That grief thing threw a big wrench into my plans to do that. It won't surprise me if they produce comparable produce. The smoke tests will be revealing.

Intriguing that you ended up with two males from the pollination experiment. That last one looks like it might be female, but I've been fooled before and the pictures just don't show enough across the digital field. I'll be pulling for you. There you go again, shaking the tree of certainty and making us rethink what we know for sure. It sure is good to be part of your world my friend.

I've quit cold turkey before, just never when I have such a stash waiting for me at home. I gifted the Afghani harvest to a cancer patient. I wasn't going to consume an indica anyway and he desperately needed sleep meds. I'm thinking about buying a couple smaller tents like yours when I start up again. I keep my plants shorter anyway, and you've made them look like an attractive option. I was planning a large closet, but I also plan to move west this year and that wouldn't be something I could haul along, so why waste valuable funds? Tents would be much easier to pack and ship off to my eventual destination. I wasted all that vertical space with the larger tent.

I've taken up enough of your time. It was nice visiting with you. Have a wonderful day. Before you know it you'll be home and firing up a nice buzz.
:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom