Hi guys, adding on to my 1st post, here is part 2 as aforementioned....

Our Gelato-K shots first. This seed is far more Gelato parent than Bubba Kush parent in so many ways when compared to my last in Stella. This one is sorbet and ice cream smelling, silver and pink, and her nugs are long and dense.

Sirius Black is going to be ready next and I can't wait. I need her insomnia help and her put the worries of the world away Indica qualities. I am so anxious for her to be ready for me but loving I can find a happy place looking at her deep purple beauty

And with 4 in the tent, we look something like this. My apologies once again, for not getting real quality photos, I'm just grateful I was able to get some and get them out to my friends....even though I'm upset I didn't take more time to get better ones.

OK that's all I have for today, think we are at least a little caught up now. Have a great grow day everyone :green_heart: :Namaste:

Highya Krissi,

So glad you're back!! I was getting concerned for your welfare! I'll be patient for the rest.

Your ladies have come a long ways from the last time! Very surprising GG x SLH has such big fat colas!! I wonder why they are so big, and yet the one you didn't top off isn't near the mass of the other three! Maybe we should top all colas so they'll all get so fat! What are your thoughts. Sirius Black is gorgeous! Her overall appearance is such a stand-out.
Great pictures even though you don't think so.

I hope you'll be Okay! I miss seeing your posts and ladies. Happy Smokin'

Looking great I’ve grown gelato k really good smoke !!!!!
Hi Jacky, thanks bud! I love the Gelato-K! I'm glad that you have some in your collection, really a great smoke is right!
Highya Krissi,

So glad you're back!! I was getting concerned for your welfare! I'll be patient for the rest.
I'll fill you in as I learn more...I'm ok. Little stitch for my biopsy spot and the general bloodwork when things seem amiss.

20230120_114640.jpg
20230117_112006.jpg

Your ladies have come a long ways from the last time! Very surprising GG x SLH has such big fat colas!! I wonder why they are so big, and yet the one you didn't top off isn't near the mass of the other three! Maybe we should top all colas so they'll all get so fat! What are your thoughts.
My thoughts are it has to be the back building! I mean, bestie told me we should be snipping all the plants from now on. Idk though. Could an increase in yield really be so simple? Does this work best with these tall plants? Would it not provide the same effect in a true form Indica? Guess that's gonna be an experiment for the Spring/Summer grow!
Sirius Black is gorgeous! Her overall appearance is such a stand-out.
She really is, and her smoke is even better than her appearance, very much so.
Great pictures even though you don't think so.
Didn't take my time and battling a headache or head pains, I wasn't doing well with the lighting but thank you for making me feel better, maybe they aren't as bad as I thought they were initially
I hope you'll be Okay! I miss seeing your posts and ladies. Happy Smokin'
I am a tough cookie, just keep the good vibes coming, please. Happy Smoking, missed ya Bode!
Whew, good to have you back Krissi! Hoping that whatever you are going will be ok and just a minor speed bump, we really did miss you. Plants look wonderful.
Awwwww I really do miss you guys when I'm gone, I don't have many people I like to talk to, very minimal in that type of friend department....talk to you guys more than anyone tbh. Appreciate you Gid, plants appreciate you, too, they love the compliments-bad mom, I haven't let them have any recently....girls were probably feeling shafted. Have a great day Gid and friends, promise to be back tomorrow or the next with more plant talk and pics of the ever growing and developing girls.

My thoughts are it has to be the back building! I mean, bestie told me we should be snipping all the plants from now on. Idk though. Could an increase in yield really be so simple? Does this work best with these tall plants? Would it not provide the same effect in a true form Indica? Guess that's gonna be an experiment for the Spring/Summer grow!
Just be careful of bud rot, with them big fat buds. :passitleft:
Nice to see you back.

Just be careful of bud rot, with them big fat buds. :passitleft:
Nice to see you back.
Thanks Brew. Nice to be chatting again, keeps my mind off things, too. As for the bud rot, I am always so worried about that cause I've lost maybe a 1/4 total in all my grows so far to mold, it's like I'm still waiting on that one bad bud rot to come.....buuuut that's why I added in the Dewalt fan-hoping it can help increase that airflow just enough and with the other Zombie Death out of the tent that leaves much more air circulation to the 4. Fingers crossed :high-five: :passitleft:

This one's trying to slip me the tongue!
full
She's a sassy one! Tell her to curb her sexy mojo but she persists! My apologies to Mrs.Otter!

Hi everyone. Happy to be here today with you guys. While I think about how I'm going to say what I'm going to say, I wanted to drop off some photos of our now Week 9 Flower Gorilla Glue Super Lemon Haze who is sitting at 121 days above ground and exactly 63 days of Flower.

We back built the majority of her colas at weeks 4/5 not knowing what would happen.

I'm at the point now, where I'm convinced in this technique. It will be used moving forward for sure with some experiments coming on squat indicas, seeing what will happen with those who have a shorter frame.

I have one of these shots as a comparative with one of the non-snipped buds that I'll drop here; The difference is just remarkable.

But like I said, after talking to Rob over the weekend, I'm at a point where I'm willing to open up a little bit more about what is going on with me health wise. I'll get to that in the second half of today's update that has a slight Gelato-K focus.

Until then, like I said, enjoy the back building shots and I'll be updating my Big Bull journal as well before coming back here.

Hope everyone has been well over this past week and I look forward to opening up to you all.

Much grow love :peace: :Namaste:

Hi everyone. Happy to be here today with you guys. While I think about how I'm going to say what I'm going to say, I wanted to drop off some photos of our now Week 9 Flower Gorilla Glue Super Lemon Haze who is sitting at 121 days above ground and exactly 63 days of Flower.

We back built the majority of her colas at weeks 4/5 not knowing what would happen.

I'm at the point now, where I'm convinced in this technique. It will be used moving forward for sure with some experiments coming on squat indicas, seeing what will happen with those who have a shorter frame.

I have one of these shots as a comparative with one of the non-snipped buds that I'll drop here; The difference is just remarkable.

But like I said, after talking to Rob over the weekend, I'm at a point where I'm willing to open up a little bit more about what is going on with me health wise. I'll get to that in the second half of today's update that has a slight Gelato-K focus.

Until then, like I said, enjoy the back building shots and I'll be updating my Big Bull journal as well before coming back here.

Hope everyone has been well over this past week and I look forward to opening up to you all.

Much grow love :peace: :Namaste:

Wow 😳 some of those look bigger than my head 🤣... So sorry to hear about your health 😔

Girls looking good hope all is well with ur health wise !!!!!
Hi Jacky. :) thank you on both counts my good friend.
Hey Krissi, great to hear from you. Such big buds, trimming should be interesting. Whatever ails you, we got your back as best as we can do with kind words and thoughts.
Hey there Gid, thanks for the positive vibes bud. I was thinking the same thing to myself last night in the tent, how am I going to split these colas up come harvest? I have no idea :rofl:
Wow 😳 some of those look bigger than my head 🤣... So sorry to hear about your health 😔
Seriously they are like Medieval clubs and the foxtails are the spikes. These 18 inch colas could kill a man my friend. Thanks for the love brother.

So before I dig into it, I'll preface my confession with some trichome shots of our soon to be plucked from the tent Sirius Black. This @Weed Seeds Express gem is truly a remarkable strain and I urge so many of you non Indica friends to travel over to WSE and get yourself at least a few of these to have in your collection. Her aroma is alluring and then some and the smoke, incredible. Clearly raising one, is an absolute joy.

Falkor will be pulled from this tent on Friday.

So moving on, I'll be as concise as I can and thank you to @420 for giving me the final much needed push to come forward to you all, our amazing community of cannabis enthusiasts.

In December of 2020, I started with some lethargy, a general sense of just feeling not right, bone and joint pain, some weight loss, pale skin, easy bruising, brain fog, numbness and tingling on my right side. Because of the range of symptoms, my PCP had ordered some tumor marker blood work just in case. Well low and behold, my Carcinoembryonic Antigen was almost double the highest marker on the scale for normal values.

I went to my OBGYN to get an ultrasound make sure nothing was brewing in my lady factory. I went and got a colonoscopy and an endoscopy to make sure nothing was brewing in the rear canal or in my stomach. These were fine.

I saw a Neurosurgeon for shoulder issues I was having that my orthopedic told me finally was a neck issue. I was doing PT, the question of MS was on the table with my brain fog and numbness but I have yet to finish my PT needed before my stupid insurance will authorize the MRI. This is even with a diagnosis of early on set bone spurs seen in my c5 and c6 through an Xray which are conducive to the nerve issues I was having. But that's another story for another day....

I saw an oncologist who was beyond less than helpful. He stated he couldn't just do tests on me and the number was still relatively low but when more symptoms come up to let him know. He did no additional testing, didn't even examine me physically at his office. My PCP was not pleased. She said let's check your numbers again in 6 months and go from there.

CEA is usually used when monitoring how well a cancer patient is responding to treatment not in initial diagnosis so the doctors and I have been working backwards trying to find the tumor/cancer that is causing these antigens to be produced. Needless to say, this has been a struggle to decipher.

So a year later, I finally got my CEA level checked again and it was now more than double the highest normal unit on the sliding scale, numbers in this range suggest extensive disease progression. Problem was we had no idea what disease was going on. My PCP said to find a new oncologist. Booked up for months, I made the appointment in September and am now finally going February 6th.

I finally saw a rheumatologist in October for my bone and joint pain. In Indiana, where I lived for nearly 8 years after my first marriage, I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis as a complication of the psoriasis I was told I had. I had tests done at the rheumatologist here and low and behold, more news, I do not have psoriatic arthritis, nothing came back on blood work in terms of lupus, RA, or any other immuno disease. He deemed me advanced degenerative osteoarthritis, probably early onset because of my extreme athletic involvement in my youth. What he did find though was that my blood has apparently began to thicken. I had high hemoglobin, red blood cells and hematocrit. This he said was suggestive of a rare blood cancer called Polycythemia Vera or PV for short. It presents with many of my symptoms. So a thought for the oncologist appt, he forwarded my labs to her.

Now to December when some of you may remember my need for steroids with the rash and extreme itch that presented a week before Christmas. Usually as soon as I hit Day 2 of a taper (I've been on these frequently for years), my symptoms are almost non existent. Not this time. They went away slightly but not completely. As soon as I stopped, they started back up, even getting worse. I called my PCP she told me to get into the dermatologist for a punch biopsy and to the allergist for patch testing with hopes that it is nothing bad but something environmental that I have built a new sensitivity to.

So off I went to the dermatologist now a week later after the phone call w the PCP, for my biopsy. When I went there, I had a new symptom, enlarged lymph nodes. The derma thought it very odd but was hoping it was a late response from my lingering rash perhaps. But she said she had some thoughts and ordered the bloodwork I posted here. She told me to call my oncologist with my new symptoms but I wasn't quite sure why.

What I didn't tell you was that the blood work isn't actually just standard you don't feel good bloodwork. It has a few panels for suggested diseases and furthermore these tests, if abnormal, need to get ran through a pathologist as they narrow down which issue is present based off of the certain separation and count of specific cells and markers.

The good news is that, this possible diagnosis would account for all of my symptoms that have been building over the last 2 years. The current rash and itching is a predominant trait of lymphoma as well as the continously enlarged, growing, and misshapen lymph nodes. Bone pain and lethargy as well as brain fog and tingling and numbess are all character symptoms of this disease.

Obviously when I called the office, there wasn't much more we could discuss than the aforementioned, but they asked me to go and get the lymph node most prominently enlarged, biopsied as soon as I could, so we could discuss the findings sooner and move forward.

The current thought is that I have a form of lymphoma. I am set for a lymph node biopsy on the 7th, the day after my oncologist appt-the earliest the surgeon could see me.

So needless to say I've been tired and you guys knows my daily life things that make me tired and this stress has just been taking a toll on me all together. TK and I finally talked about my health openly between us just this weekend, so don't feel too out of the loop.

OK so that's all I'm going to say for now. I say all I'm going to say as if I just didn't write the Grapes of Wrath trying to open up to you guys and gals. I tell you guys this for mental and emotional support, for comfort, for thoughts and suggestions, and also because I want you to understand I want to be on here more but my head has been pulling me away along with my need to fall asleep early these last few weeks-if you hadn't noticed, it's been a while since I could pull an all nighter now. But anyway, let's move forward to happy thoughts and pictures of my plants.

I took most of these 2 days ago I think, just never came on here to make an entry in the journal. And yes, every plant is now standing tall with the help of either bamboo supports or yo-yos or both....

Here's some Zombie Death. These zombie fingers are gonna be fun to trim, speaking of trimming @Gidorah :rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's some of our focus plant Chunk in the Kannabia Gelato-K c/o @CannaPot , who will be soon to leave the 4x4 after our Sirius Black.

She is ungodly covered in trichomes and also has the webbing I see that my Big Bull girls have. So much color in her, I didn't see any of these colors come out during the Summer grow so this is so fun to watch finish out. Not to mention, as we talked about earlier, she is much more Gelato than Kush in many ways versus the Gelato-K before her in Stella.

I had taken a pic of our drying Zombie Death #1 in Gizmo, who finished super early. She is now in 7 Mason jars at 7.85 OZ. I'll get pics to you of her cured buds soon, for now, this one was while she was drying and I was able to re-up some kief reserve trimming her also

We got the rest of the girls and I think a shot of our Sirius Black and Gorilla Glue Super Lemon Haze by their lonesomes, to finish this long but overdue journal entry.

:green_heart:Thanks for all the love and compassion-I'm truly grateful for the companionship and energies you guys offer me with so selflessly :hug:

:meditate:

Hang in there Krissi, health is the most important thing we have. I'm sure you are doing everything you can to preserve it. Take care of yourself and be your biggest advocate, sometimes insurance and doctors seem to not get it. In the meantime, your plants look incredible, eat some good home cooking and figure crap out. Thinking of you, peace out. ✌️

Hi Jacky, thanks bud! I love the Gelato-K! I'm glad that you have some in your collection, really a great smoke is right!

I'll fill you in as I learn more...I'm ok. Little stitch for my biopsy spot and the general bloodwork when things seem amiss.

20230120_114640.jpg
20230117_112006.jpg

She really is, and her smoke is even better than her appearance, very much so.

Didn't take my time and battling a headache or head pains, I wasn't doing well with the lighting but thank you for making me feel better, maybe they aren't as bad as I thought they were initially

I am a tough cookie, just keep the good vibes coming, please. Happy Smoking, missed ya Bode!

Awwwww I really do miss you guys when I'm gone, I don't have many people I like to talk to, very minimal in that type of friend department....talk to you guys more than anyone tbh. Appreciate you Gid, plants appreciate you, too, they love the compliments-bad mom, I haven't let them have any recently....girls were probably feeling shafted. Have a great day Gid and friends, promise to be back tomorrow or the next with more plant talk and pics of the ever growing and developing girls.
Happy to see that you’re back my little Italian robe buddy. Was starting to worry about you Jersey. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom