Shottafire's Manic Organic 2kw Perpetual With Supersoil & Teas

I dont know how this came out in fact I did not edit or watch it before hand so forgive me if its not the greatest quality. I will get a better video camera eventually but for now this gives you an idea of my room and I will do a veg video too just give me a bit.

[video=youtube_share;bqaSecNmDZI]
[/video]

the video turned out fine! Answered a few questions that I've had just watching it. Your scrog screen spacing is much larger than I thought, but doing perfectly fine as is. I've got much smaller squares. We'll see how it goes. LOL
I have also been pondering my timer switch and wondered if it would hurt to add a plug-in adapter to it so I get more than two lights onto it.....your video showed yours that way. Thanks!
Also, these videos are really helping to realize how much space these plants can take up as they grow!
Well organized on keeping the wires and other things away from the grow.
Nice job, and thanks for taking the time for your thread. +reps dude!

No worries. Ok before you start putting adapters into the wall lets make sure your not taking any risks.

My rooms electrical is all run off of its own sub panel. which adapter are you talking about? My lights in my room are all controlled by one dedicated 30 amp circuit wired for 240 so I can run 4 1000 watt lights safely if I wanted too. Please be careful as to how much you run off of one circuit. dont want to start fires. The idea here is safety.

Hey shotta, got ya covered there. I have one breaker box dedicated only to my grow. I'm talking about the small orange plug in adapter you have on one of the timers, I believe on the left wall? It looks like you can plug two additional items to it. (and I only do it if it's grounded plugs too) I have checked my timer and I know I can run more through it than just the two plugs it offers. I am using CFL's, much lower wattages than what you are doing.
No worries, I don't do anything electrical until I know it's safe. :thanks:

There is a rating on the timers I think its something like 15 amps or 1750 watts. I personally would not exceed 1000 watts or ten amps though.

And ordinary timers have a limited life, without running high wattage through 'em.

There is a rating on the timers I think its something like 15 amps or 1750 watts. I personally would not exceed 1000 watts or ten amps though.
Yepper, at the moment I'm not running anywhere near that number of watts. Now, when I get to the flowering room...that will be a different story. I am hoping very much to have a different lighting set up by then.
Looking forward to your next video shottafire!

No worries. Ok before you start putting adapters into the wall lets make sure your not taking any risks.

My rooms electrical is all run off of its own sub panel. which adapter are you talking about? My lights in my room are all controlled by one dedicated 30 amp circuit wired for 240 so I can run 4 1000 watt lights safely if I wanted too. Please be careful as to how much you run off of one circuit. dont want to start fires. The idea here is safety.

Thanks for that info, I need to add more outlets but the breaker is full.

Get a pro to wire you up a 30 amp 220 circuit. You can run 4000 watts from that and still have plenty of 110 for fans and timers.

It costs a little bit but this is the backbone and without it I wouldnt sleep at night.

It costs a little bit but this is the backbone and without it I wouldnt sleep at night.
I agree with the pro wiring! My basement grow area used to be used as a separate living area (apartment), it was wired by professionals with 110 and 240. Two separate panels for running different areas. I am lucky on that!
I am not an electrician, and won't pretend to be. I will handle something basic, but when it comes to 220 wiring for appliances and anything beyond your basics of adding an outlet somewhere....I call in someone who knows what they're doing and licensed for it. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I am sorry Shotta, I didn't mean to hijack your thread with my electrical comment. :-(

no sorries aloud here miss cannfan. it was a valid question and encourage people to ask these questions. this is important. grow fires happen too often and if I could prevent someone from causing one by showing and explaining what is safe. then I have done what i intended to do help people

Talk about you subbing late with Rico, how late am I subbing with you. I didn't even notice I wasn't being that we bump heads so often. I was wondering why I never seem to find the appropriate time to congratulate you. Enough babbling; Congrats +reps

I am so new to teas still but will share what i do in my next video. I try to keep my teas simple now and I do a few different ones. There is a flowering tea and a veg tea. but they really never stay the same. the teas are made to order for the girls so sometimes i may go heavier with one thing or lighter on another. just depends really. I like diversity. and the cool thing about them is you cant really over do it. I dilute my teas down 1 part tea to 4 parts water. It is also good to have something in the soil for the tea to go to work on like a top dressing a couple days before you plan on applying a tea.

Back
Top Bottom