PeeJay's Perpetual Porta-Scrog Party

Weekly update time. I had fun playing with the new camera, lots of photos. Day 42 of flower.

We'll start with the greener Chitral pheno since it was the first out of the tent. With two weeks or so to go there are a bazillion bud sites but nothing is bulky. What is there is very dense. I'm fairly certain that the two Chitrals are going to go out in the greenhouse next week to finish off and make more room in the tent for the Golden Lemons and Panama. I have an insulated cover I can put over the greenhouse at night and an electric heater I can use to prevent a freeze disaster. It depends on the long range weather forecast. If I can do it I expect to see some serious purple. This one is not as purple or as much of an aromatic berry bomb as the wonky one but is still nice fruity smoke that is quite "up" for an all indica. I gave her a twine belt today to pull the outer branches towards the middle.

IMG_005676.JPG

IMG_005972.JPG

IMG_006173.JPG

IMG_006266.JPG

IMG_006475.JPG

IMG_006676.JPG

IMG_006970.JPG

IMG_007259.JPG

Next out of the tent is the ACE Panama. At roughly half-way through flowering I reckon that this one will be a serious contender in the March POTM contest. It's just starting to swell, is super frosty, and very, very happy. It loves the close screen SCRoG treatment. I want to put four of these in porta-SCRoGs somethime soon and fill the tent with 'em.

IMG_007362.JPG

IMG_007557.JPG

IMG_007755.JPG

IMG_007969.JPG

IMG_008056.JPG

IMG_008161.JPG

IMG_008258.JPG

Wonky Chitral is still.... Ugly. Clawing like crazy. Just not right... On the upside it is laying down a purple cloaking sea of trichomes and the aroma is off the charts berry bomb! I love the effect and taste of this pheno. I mentioned in GT's journal a while back that while the Chitral is an all indica landrace is is not a "take two tokes and fall asleep" strain at all. It's one of the backbone strains of the Dark Devil auto that is reputed to have a "soaring sativa" high. The reveg clones have not done so well in the porta-SCRoGs but I'm going to be glad to resuply!

IMG_008755.JPG

IMG_008460.JPG

IMG_009049.JPG

IMG_009447.JPG

IMG_009663.JPG

Lastly we have the Golden Lemons. Plantzilla. I added a bunch of vertical supports today. My gut tells me that this one would be better off with an aggressive topping agenda and no screen training. It is the least frosty of the bunch but is packing on the most weight. It is also the thirstiest and hungriest plant of the lot. It looks like it's had significantly more defol than the others, but it hasn't. This pheno has a low leaf to calyx ratio and will be a joy to trim. I'm seeing some signs of underfeeding so it got 2 tsp/gallon of 2-3-1 fishy ferts today and 1 tsp of SNS 604B bloom booster (twice what the others got for their weekly treat.)
IMG_009754.JPG

IMG_010353.JPG

IMG_009855.JPG

IMG_009957.JPG

IMG_010145.JPG

That Panama is just nuts for sure. Everything in your tent is just beautiful.

Speaking of that Golden Lemon and leafage, how much defol do you do on your girls? I would be very curious your thoughts on that subject.

:high-five:
Bob

Speaking of that Golden Lemon and leafage, how much defol do you do on your girls? I would be very curious your thoughts on that subject.
Bob

I don't have any set defol protocol Bob. I cleaned things out down low a couple of weeks ago. Up top I pull blocking leaves at random when I look at the plants if the leaves are blocking lower bud sites. I'm not a fan of doing a bunch of defol all at once.

How does it smell when you open that tent?

It smells... Different. In a big way and not a bad way. I tend to grow and medicate with Afgan genetic based weed; Mazar-i-Sharif crosses x other kushes or skunks. They are all dank, pungent, skunk, earth. None of these current strains is like that. They are all fruity. Berry, tropicals, citrus, floral. My first impression when I open the tent is "something is wrong." My sniffer is pretty tuned in from all the years watching kitchens... It doesn't smell "normal." I'm not used to the sweet floral blast yet.

New camera is fun. Here are a couple of pictures of a Sage 'n Sour nug from last summers greenhouse grow. The pictures are from the same bracket and cropped close to the same. This pot rattles my cage too much. It makes me nervous. Others seem to like it though.
The nug is sitting on a grinder and the grinder is sitting on light blue card stock. I took the pictures in the diffused light of the greenhouse.

I'm lusting after a dedicated macro lens... Rats! I'm broke.

IMG_014046.JPG

IMG_014150.JPG

This is what it looked like while it was growing.

20150924_083628.jpg

Job well done PeeJay! Im def gonna have to try out the porta scrog as i was fortunate enough to come across some ones discarded tomato cages and about a 7 foot roll of unused goat fencing! :goodjob: :thumb:

:passitleft: High PJ... Trying to figure out something to do to that poor abused Baby Tut cause I'm bored but I'm thinking I better leave her alone.... I've about stripped her naked and I've cut the timer back for an the hour today... just a couple more days and she will be at 12/12...:yahoo:...Sorry I'm really bored....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom