New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

Just driving thru my friend................ Hope bugs are a thing of the past. That Captain Jack's stuff..................... Man it's a god send as far as bud worms go. I've been growing outdoors for now onto I forget how many years,,,, and caterpillars are things you had to deal with larger plants. Some years woodn't be one,,,, and next,,,, a mess of tent caterpillars wood eat your shit over nite. Literary,,,, happened to me. Put my potted plants out once close to a huge evergreen bush,,,, damn things stripped my leaves to the vein overnight. But for the last 3 years,,, haven't had a worm one. I can't even Start to count the numbers of worms I've seen jump out, hanging bye a thread off a bush as she dried. But since trying that shit with a one time spray like 3+ weeks before harvest...... I use one of them atomizer sprayers and just give them a 'dusting'.
Congrad's on the cut. Keepem Green

Hello everyone, thought I'd drop in and set the record straight.
I've received a couple of e-mails regarding which grow site I'm on now and have no idea where these rumors started. For the record let it be known that I've never even visited, much less joined another grow site.
I'm eternally grateful and loyal to 420mag and all it's members (past, present, new, & old) for all the cannabis knowledge I've gained over the years and more importantly for the relationships and bonds I've made.

In other words... :420: FOR LIFE!!!
_______________:420:

I've gone a little over 3yrs posting and following grows here without skipping a beat and just felt like taking some time off is all.
Periodically pics have been taken for my "3yrs Skills Test" and will be posted in a time lapsed update in the near future so have no fear,
Broke Azz Reg is going nowhere.

Reg, I have done the same. My ONLY regret was BIDs passing while I was doing so. :straightface:
Keep the faith buddy! We are all here for you!
HOZ

logo8.gif

Can't wait for the Chart on that WWxBB. I have one in flower. :cheer:

From last summer; it's great grandmother

SMOKE REPORT​

IMG_20140818_5_9.jpg

WHITE WIDOW X BIG BUD
Chopped Aug 19

Tried a joint out on my way in today; Another keeper. So far that's two, JACK HERER and her which is great since both are in the Big Tent. It's a mellow high, not too uppity but not too laid back. The bonus is it sustains this effect for quite some time. I'm just now sobering up and it's almost lunch time. I have no idea where the berry type flavor came from but it adds to the appeal. Easy on the lungs and kind of creeps up on you.
She bangs on the door at a good 5 that can stand next to any 8 if you're looking for something mellow.

Also some of you may remember the experiment started on or about a year ago with Jack Herer. I saved about a joints worth of weed from our original mother to compare to a clone later on down the line.
2wks ago we chopped the 4th generation of Jack and the results are in...

There was no difference in the effect from the 1st to the 4th generation joint. Therefore I'll have to say strains don't lose their potency over generations but let's keep in mind this was only a year long experiment. I did notice the mother was smoother but that's to be expected with an extended cure.

Hello everyone, thought I'd drop in and set the record straight.
I've received a couple of e-mails regarding which grow site I'm on now and have no idea where these rumors started. For the record let it be known that I've never even visited, much less joined another grow site.
I'm eternally grateful and loyal to 420mag and all it's members (past, present, new, & old) for all the cannabis knowledge I've gained over the years and more importantly for the relationships and bonds I've made.

In other words... :420: FOR LIFE!!!
_______________:420:

I've gone a little over 3yrs posting and following grows here without skipping a beat and just felt like taking some time off is all.
Periodically pics have been taken for my "3yrs Skills Test" and will be posted in a time lapsed update in the near future so have no fear,
Broke Azz Reg is going nowhere.
:ciao:
Hi BAR!
Breaks are good for the soul.
We just took a 3 month break from the world in the mountains of Jamaica.
It was awesome- and the ganga wasn't bad either-lol.

On a serious note have you seen the latest posts on OMM?
Not doing well- needs all our prayers to get thru however it go's for him.
Flower
:peace:

From last summer; it's great grandmother

Also some of you may remember the experiment started on or about a year ago with Jack Herer. I saved about a joints worth of weed from our original mother to compare to a clone later on down the line.
2wks ago we chopped the 4th generation of Jack and the results are in...

There was no difference in the effect from the 1st to the 4th generation joint. Therefore I'll have to say strains don't lose their potency over generations but let's keep in mind this was only a year long experiment. I did notice the mother was smoother but that's to be expected with an extended cure.

I have to agree. I have a strain that has been kept alive with clones for about 20 years (Twister) and she is still everyone's favorite smoke. The key to keeping strains strong is to keep several copies and only clone from a truly healthy plant. Over time random mutation can take its toll on a strain. Often these mutations will show as plants that do not grow as well for some reason or other. By only cloning the best we can help reduce the chance of passing on these mutations. I also try to avoid revegging them or stressing them to the point of hermaphroditism. I am not against revegging as a practice, and in an emergency I have done it to save a strain when their clones have died. But I try not to clone of of any plant that has gone into flower. Flowering sets them down a path of decline that in nature always results in death.

I've been growing the same OGK plant/clone for many years. The potency has not wavered.
I'd have to agree whole wholeheartedly with your conclusion.

I kept one plant's clones going for 6 generations and it still would be if I had not let it go due to unavoidable circumstances. I agree also!
HOZ

Good to hear from you Reg.:circle-of-love: I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get to where I need a break. I seem to spend more and more time here as I go on. :laughtwo:

Although I'd missed your presence I didn't think you'd done anything more than focus on your life beyond here. How could anyone seriously entertain the idea that you'd jump ship? Enjoy life my friend.

We all need alittle time off my friend. Hell I been on a vacation for awhile......... Keepem Green

To my "Partner in Crime" Cannafan,
Fifi... my first 420 love,
Flow,
Sue... a constant 420 personality,
the always supportive Budworshipper,
the man who always keeps it green... Woody,
and to the most spiritual 420mag guy I know... Jaga

Thanxx for understanding my well needed break.

Tead & Hoz... when we were having the discussion about a year ago whether or not strains lose some potency every generation some members said yes while others said no. I think Flip breaks it down lovely in the following post.

I have to agree. I have a strain that has been kept alive with clones for about 20 years (Twister) and she is still everyone's favorite smoke. The key to keeping strains strong is to keep several copies and only clone from a truly healthy plant. Over time random mutation can take its toll on a strain. Often these mutations will show as plants that do not grow as well for some reason or other. By only cloning the best we can help reduce the chance of passing on these mutations. I also try to avoid revegging them or stressing them to the point of hermaphroditism. I am not against revegging as a practice, and in an emergency I have done it to save a strain when their clones have died. But I try not to clone of of any plant that has gone into flower. Flowering sets them down a path of decline that in nature always results in death.

Thanxx Flip.

High-ya Reg. Just passing through to spread some hugs.
hope your enjoying that cheesecake. :)
happy daze hugs from mine to yours.
Ah dude! Chessecake had a few of my smoke buddies in shear amazement! They already pester me to death about introducing them to my connect but after sharing some of that I think I'll have to start checking across the streets and around the corners when I'm walking. They might be spying and following me hoping I'll lead them to my imaginary guy. They've never tasted weed so flavorful and so potent at the same time. (Neither have I)
Thanxx Dusty.

Enjoy your sabatical old friend.....

May your smokes be potent n tasty....

You have given this community so much Reg, you deserve to put ya feet up for awhile....

See you when you return mate... Until then, keep safe dude

:circle-of-love:
But nothing near what 420mag has given to me...

:ciao:
Hi BAR!
Breaks are good for the soul.
We just took a 3 month break from the world in the mountains of Jamaica.
It was awesome- and the ganga wasn't bad either-lol.

On a serious note have you seen the latest posts on OMM?
Not doing well- needs all our prayers to get thru however it go's for him.
Flower
:peace:
Thanxx for the heads up Flow. I'll drop by there as soon as I finish this post.

MY 420mag:rollit: 3yr SKILLS TEST UPDATE

SOUR DIESEL (Feminized) Today is Day 101 / Day 22 under 12/12

As Promised, here's a time lapse pictorial.

Mar 14, Flip Day

After appox 2wks I removed the clothespins used for Super-cropping.

IMG_00022623.jpg

IMG_00022625.jpg

IMG_00022629.jpg

IMG_00022633.jpg

Mar 28, Buds-A-Showing​

She's been getting sprayed along with everything else in our garden once a week with the Monterey spray.
She also gets sprayed once a wk with Snow Storm Ultra.

IMG_00022637.jpg

IMG_00022644.jpg

IMG_00022654.jpg

IMG_00022659.jpg

Today​

After spraying she was top-dressed with some Worm Castings, Yum-Yum, and a little more Diatomaceous Earth... Forked it all in & watered. Thrips are now a thing of the past but I must stay diligent.
She was still wet when the pics were taken.

IMG_00022662.jpg

IMG_00022668.jpg

IMG_00022679.jpg

IMG_00022683.jpg

IMG_00022684.jpg

IMG_00022692.jpg

Previous Sour D Update

And yes, we're still chopping about a plant and a half a week (some wks 2 some wks 1).

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom